OUTDOOR COURTS + INDOOR TENNIS DOME GUARANTEES PLAY ALL YEAR ROUND!
Tennis is a sport that we place heavy emphasis on at Kalo Sport, running our after school and weekend tennis programme at Hazelwood Sports Club in Winchmore Hill – the best private tennis facility in North London. Classes are for children aged 4-18 years of all abilities and grouped as below:
Sponge (4-6 years)
Mini Red (6-8 years)
Mini Orange (8-9 years)
Mini Green (9-10 years)
*These are LTA Youth age guides but children will be grouped based on our assessment*
Children are initially placed in groups based on age but will be assessed by the programme’s co-ordinator in their first lesson to determine this is the appropriate group.
All Kalo Sport tennis coaches are minimum LTA level 2 qualified (majority level 3) as well as hold an up-to-date Enhanced DBS check. Meet the team here!
Our tennis programme runs alongside the London Borough of Enfield academic term dates (click here for schedule) and during each half-term we cover the following:
- Match Play
The week before every school holiday we run a tournament week of match play only and all children receive a medal.
Assessment & Reports
Every child on our programme is assessed twice per year (end of terms 1 & 3). Click here for our assessment criteria. Your child’s report and assessment card will be emailed to you.
Advanced Squad Players (Launching Jan 2022)
Launching in 2022 we will be inviting excelling players to train within our matchplay squad classes delivered by current Hazelwood Mens Champion and performance coach Okan Altinok. There will be a class per week for red, orange, green and yellow groups and players will have the opportunity to compete against other North London clubs such as Finchley Manor, Winchmore Hill and more on one Sunday per month as part of the LTA Team Challenge Festivals Programme. For more information please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com.
Times & Dates
Hourly lesson times are available from:
Monday- Friday: 4pm – 7pm
Saturday: 9am – 1pm
The 2021 programme dates are as follows:
First Class Back after summer is Monday 6th September 2021
Last class of winter term is Saturday 18th December 2021
Click here to view the 2021/22 schedule
Don’t have a tennis racquet? No need to worry, we can provide one for your child for their free trial session.
What we offer?
- Your child’s lesson is GUARANTEED to run all year due to our indoor and outdoor facilities
- Highly experienced and qualified club tennis coaches (all minimum level 2, most level 3)
- Appropriate ratios per age group class in line with the LTA’s Youth Tennis structure
- Full time programme co-ordinator on the ground off-court during classes
- Constant assessment of players to ensure progression through our groups
- The opportunity for advancing players to represent the programme against other local clubs in match play and be trained within an advanced class with the programme’s designated performance coach – Okan Altinok (launching 2022)
- Tournaments held within every group at the end of each term with awards for all
- Exceptional club house with free parking for parents and siblings to wait in comfort
- Direct Debit – makes payment easier and hassle free and can be cancelled at any time
After your child has had their free trial session and you wish for them to sign up to the programme, a monthly direct debit payment is to be set up online.
All classes are £12 (guaranteed indoor tennis from October – April)
The programme runs for 39 weeks per year (weekday classes) and 42 weeks per year (Saturdays). The programme does not run during school holidays although Saturday classes run either side of half-term school holidays. Please view the yearly class calendar schedule here.
Monday – Friday Classes: £39 per month direct debit (39 weekday classes per year) = £12 per class
Saturday Classes: £42 per month direct debit (42 Saturday classes per year) = £12 per class
Direct debits can be cancelled at any time. They must be cancelled within 7 days of the end of the month to avoid payment taken the following month. For our T&Cs – Click here.
Mon – Fri: 9am – 5pm
020 8360 4273
Hazelwood Sports Club, Ridge Avenue, London N21 2AJ