Below is our Covid-19 risk assessment for Kalo Sport’s summer camps 2020 at Winchmore School. This has been devised by us and our solicitors AXA XL Sport & Leisure London. We insist all parents/carers of children attending our camp read all of this document. The risk assessment will be followed daily along with our general risk assessment for running multi-sport day camps.
Our daily system:
- The general risk of Covid-19 contraction at our camps with this risk assessment in place is Low
- It is the parent/carers’ duty to ensure children with any symptoms of Covid-19 whatsoever are kept away from the camp
- The camp will operate coaching ‘bubbles’ of maximum 15 children. These groups will be pre-devised before each week of camp and will generally be based on age. All children on camp are booked in for the full week and their group will remain the same all week
- Entrance to the site for our Kalo Sport camp attendees will always be via the Firs Lane entrance not the school’s main entrance (see map). We will have 1m waiting markers down on the pavement to prevent overcrowding at the gate
- When you arrive at the gate your child’s temperature will be taken by our staff via infrared temperature gun. Providing temperatures are below 37.8 degrees (gov advice) they will be able to attend camp that day. We must re-iterate the temperature gun is not a 100% guarantee of temperature nor detection of Covid-19 based on it’s readings – it is merely a step taken by us to minimise risk
- Children will then be walked up to the field to be sat in their coaching groups 1m apart. If it is raining they will be walked to the classrooms until the start of the camp day. Children will be sat at their own desk with a Kalo Sport staff member supervising each group. The sign in procedure starts from 8.45am each morning and we hope to have all children signed-in to the site by just after 9am at the latest. We ask parents to keep on top of their time keeping as it is imperative we can do this each day smoothly to prevent disruption to the schedule
- Multi-sport activities will take place outside on the field (see risk assessment for more specifics on the camp day)
- We will have three 30 minute breaks per day; one mid morning, one for lunch and one mid-afternoon. These will take place in the classrooms and children will always have their own desk. Our oldest group may have lunch outside under gazebos dependent on numbers.
- Toilets (male and female) are located at the end of the corridor to the classrooms. Toilet procedures will be strict and take place during breaks only. Children will be made aware of this and only in an absolute emergency will children be taken to the toilet outside of the 3 daily break times.
- Children should have their own water bottle as water fountains will not be in use for safety reasons. Bottles can be filled at a tap filling zone by the field. All food is for the individuals’ consumption and there will be no sharing of food whatsoever
- In the rare case that a child falls ill with Covid-19 symptoms they will be taken to an ‘isolation zone’ immediately and we will ask them to be collected. If they can’t be collected they will be kept in the isolation zone with a Kalo Sport staff member. If they were to test positive for Covid-19 then the coaching bubble they were in must isolate for 14 days. A pro-rata refund would be issued in this case but we are very hopeful this would be of extremely low chance to occur
- To collect a child and to sign them out at 3pm you must enter via the same entrance on Firs Lane. You must then walk up the path to the ‘collection zone’ (see map). Your child(ren) will be brought to you.
- Precautionary personal PPE use is at your own discretion. Children do not need to bring any sports equipment. We will provide and disinfect regularly.
Our staff for the 6 weeks:
- Tom Buzzard – Kalo Sport Managing Director, BA Coach Education & Sports Development, UEFA licensed coach
- Edward Harvey – Kalo Sport Managing Director, BA Coach Education & Sports Development, PTR professional coach
- Vinny Ivanov – AFC Southgate Youth Football Club Managing Director, UEFA licensed coach
- Adem Ali – Haringey Schools Sports Co-ordinator and registered teacher
- Pauline Owoo – Level 2 sports coach
- Gergo Piukovics – Level 2 sports coach
All possess an enhanced DBS check, first aid and insurance.
If you have any questions whatsoever please do contact us. We are more than confident that if we all follow these procedures we will have a safe and fun 6 weeks this summer at Winchmore School!